The skin on our necks, décolleté and bust should be treated with the same amount of care that is given to our faces. Though the skin on our bodies tend to differ slightly from that of our faces; the neck, bust and décolleté skin is more fragile. They must be cleansed twice daily, moisturized and protected with SPF 30. Since aging of the skin is connected with a loss of moisture, use products that are extremely hydrating. It’s actually best to use products that are formulated for the face. Hydrating serums, because they penetrate deeper, work great. Simply expand your product application to these areas. In an effort to defy gravitation, it’s best to apply products in an upward, outward direction.
Show Your Neck Some Respect
Look for products, foods or supplements that contain these ingredients:
- Essential oils containing vitamin F including grapeseed and evening primrose oil, which increases fatty acids providing greater moisture.
- Nut/Seed oils such as walnut, sunflower and flaxseed.
- Green tea provides antioxidant protection and increases circulation.
- Lactic acid gently exfoliates and reduces melanin production.
- Vitamin A promotes cell turnover.
- Vitamin C provides antioxidant protection and helps even skin tone.
Originally published on Be Well Blog Oct. 28, 2010