Eat Your Way to Beautiful Skin

Image
photo source: CoffeeCulture.ie

According to Dr. Howard Murad, world renowned dermatologist and founder of Murad Skincare, using topical products for your skin concerns will reach about 20% of your skin from the outside and can really affect the skin dramatically, but to reach the other 80% one needs to look within. Nutrition and lifestyle make all the difference.

In her article, “Winter Foods for Healthy and Beautiful Skin”, Dr. Camille Henninger, of Poway Dermatology, shares a list of foods that are beneficial for the skin, and can be found in some unexpected places. Who would think they could find skincare at Starbucks, your local farmer’s market or your favorite sushi restaurant? 

Starbucks

Coffee— A study by the European Journal of Cancer Prevention showed that one cup of caffeinated coffee a day reduced the risk of skin cancer by 10 percent. The caffeine in tea has also been shown to reduce the risk of skin cancer. This is great news for me because I practically overdose on grande Soy Chai Tea Lattes from Starbucks during the winter season.

I love my local farmer’s market. The farmers are so nice. They always let me sample the delicious veggies before I buy.

Carrots— Beta carotene and lycopene in carrots help to protect your skin from UV damage.

Sushi anyone?

Tuna— The omega-3 in tuna helps prevent skin cancer and it preserves collagen.

Read more about how you can eat your way to healthy skin here.

Advertisements

Author: Wholistic Skincare

Chicago-based natural skincare & beauty expert

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s